posted 10 May 2015, 05:00 by Tim Elliston
updated 14 May 2015, 05:01
By Louise Jensen
Think back. Remember a time you felt confident and in control; wanna feel like that again? We all have a fiery, sexy, powerful inner Goddess waiting to be unleashed right now.
Self-empowerment lights our internal fire, making us glow, improves our relationships, provides the self-belief to pursue the career we want and leads to better sex.
Follow these tips then get out there and strut your stuff. It’s your time to shine.
- Don’t wait for weight. Being a Goddess is not dependent on dress size. You are beautiful, sensual and desirable just as you are. Believe it. The sexiest curve on a woman is her smile, show yours often.
- Don’t be a people pleaser. We all have a certain amount of unavoidable tasks to perform but constantly saying yes to things you don’t want to do can have a serious detrimental effect on your physical and emotional health. What are you compromising on and can you change it?
- Stand in your own power. Ultimately you don’t need anyone’s approval. Don’t let negative comments make you think you can’t. You can.
- Be present. Thinking “when I had ………. In the past I was confident” or “when I get …….. in the future I will be confident” will lead to a spiral of self-doubt about who you are now. What you have right here, right now will work for you if you let it. Trust me.
- Be kind to yourself. When was the last time you paid a friend a compliment? When was the last time you paid yourself a compliment? Point taken?
- Have some self-belief. Clichéd I know but if you don’t believe in yourself how can you expect anyone else to?
- The most empowering thing to me was realising I have a choice. Feel the fear and do it anyway, or don’t do it. It’s your life, you get to decide.