By The Happy Starfish
Pumpkins aren't just delicious, they are an anti-inflammatory food jammed full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. A great source of fibre, roast the seeds for a protein snack.
Try making this soup for a warming winter lunch.
De-seeded pumpkin flesh
6-8 sprigs lemon thyme
2 onions, cut in half
4 cups organic chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pumpkin, thyme and lemon in tray, spray with your preferred oil.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the flesh is tender. Allow to cool.
- Blend half the onions and pumpkin flesh, add half the stock and process until smooth.
- Transfer the blended soup to a saucepan and repeat with other half.
- Combine together and stir until heated through.
- Season if you wish.